What is the Meritas Family of Schools?
Meritas schools are a worldwide family of exceptional college preparatory schools committed to igniting students' full potential. With a network of top schools in the Americas, Europe, and Asia, Meritas provides students with a unique college preparatory experience.
Meritas schools share a commitment to delivering the highest-quality academic experience. Each school believes that a personalized education focused on critical thinking best prepares students for success in college and in life
What are the hallmarks of a Meritas school?
- A highly personalized educational experience, with each student having an individualized Personal Learning Plan
- A proprietary system for measuring student learning growth that enables the teacher to focus on the needs and learning style of the individual student
- Expert teachers trained in proven education techniques, including differentiated instruction
- A focus on critical thinking and higher order reasoning through the use of Essential Questions
- Access to over 12,000 students, teachers, and administrators worldwide allowing for unmatched global interaction among students and best practice sharing and training between teachers and administrators
- A whole-child approach to education that emphasizes the importance of extracurricular activities, technology, ethics, and global awareness to reinforce and bolster each child’s academic experience
- Exceptional guidance counseling centered on top-choice college acceptances for all of our students
How does this benefit WPS students?
Our student-centric approach supports development of educated, well-rounded children. Our students are prepared to succeed at the world’s finest universities and compete in today’s complex global economy. They have many travel opportunities, including participation in international exchanges. They also use videoconferencing to interact with friends as far away as Switzerland, Mexico or China.
The Meritas schools are among the finest college preparatory schools in the world. Our teachers have opportunities to train within this network and implement best practices culled from the best teachers in the world.
Expanded curricular offerings
- Classroom-based learning experiences with students and teachers from around the world
- Multiple languages with expanded conversational opportunities
- Curriculum developed from a global perspective
- International academic competitions
Expanded extracurricular activities
- Sports tournaments involving teams from different countries
- Musical and theatrical performances, art exhibitions, and other fine arts festivals and tours
- Organizations such as debate teams and chess clubs working and playing together across the network
- Student government and community-service organizations collaborating on projects and other philanthropy
Expanded travel and exchange opportunities
- International exchange programs
- Summer vacation and school holiday opportunities
Visit www.meritas.net to learn more about the Meritas Advantage.
The Meritas Mission
We are a thoughtful international family of college preparatory schools committed to igniting student potential and creating positive, life-changing opportunities for our students and teachers.
The Meritas Vision
Meritas aims to be the premier family of schools in the world, known for:
- Confident, engaged students and faculty
- A culture of continual improvement and growth
- Cross-cultural, charitable, and life-changing opportunities
- Students' acceptance into their "top" choice universities
The Meritas Values
- The student comes first